Thursday, June 26, 2014

How to Clear Your Mind, Body & Soul . . . .





"How can I become more energetic and clear-minded?", you may ask or meditate on. The answer is for you to stop eating animals and animal products. “Why?” you ask, not understanding the connection. Well, when you eat the animal who has suffered, you are eating the energy of suffering. This is lowering your energy and spiritual frequencies. If this is difficult for you to understand, you truly need to take the time to research how animals suffer needlessly for food products that are not necessary for us to consume. Our survival and our lives do not depend on consuming animals, however the animals lives sure do!

Some of you may have stopped eating red meat long ago, due to health or dietary concerns, however you might still eat chicken and fish, along with dairy products, thinking that these are the "healthier" option. As a long-time vegetarian who still ate eggs, dairy and sometimes fish, I finally realized that aside from the fact that these things were clogging my energy, making me tired, sluggish and blocking my spiritual channels, these products were also the cause of incredible suffering for the animals that produce them. If you follow this page (or many of my other postings), or read up on the factory farming industry, you will hopefully realize how evil the meat and dairy industries truly are. Chickens, turkeys, cows and pigs are some of the most abused and terrorized animals on the planet. Once the eco-friendly lightbulb came on for me, it was all crystal clear. I could no longer support these industries with my hard-earned money, nor could I continue to ingest this energy of suffering. I was on a mission to clear myself and clean up my universe by finding appropriate vegan substitutes for these foods that I had been consuming.

There are two ways to change your diet and stop eating meat and other animal products. One is to wean yourself off slowly over a 30 day period, eliminating one food group at a time. The other is to jump in feet first and take the plunge! When you stop eating animals and animal products, you will notice a pretty immediate and profound improvement in your overall health, your energy levels and your clarity!

Next to go was leather. After all, I was ALWAYS against wearing fur . . . and leather is essentially furless-fur. I also learned that the leather industry is not a by-product of the meat industry. Cows are raised and suffer solely for leather. The chemicals used in leather tanning factories are horrible for the environment . . . much worse than the plastic industries! Fortunately, there are LOTS of non-leather options from sources that sell faux leather and vegan shoes and purses. You only need to be an informed consumer to find these amazing products, which are truly high-quality!

I used to be somewhat of a quiet vegan until one day, something triggered my outrage more than usual. The more I paid attention, the more I heard about the overwhelming cruelty, inhumane treatment and horror stories from the world of factory farming. I immersed myself in books and videos to educate myself further as to the suffering of these sentient beings. I became incredibly angry that this was going on day in and day out . . . right under our noses, yet behind closed doors hidden away from public view. If more people would take the time to understand where their food actually comes from and what happens to these precious animals on these factory farms, they would become physically ill and stop eating meat altogether. Or, if they paid a visit to a farm animal sanctuary and spent some time with these individual animals and learned that they each have their own distinctive personalities, feelings, emotions, intelligence, and a sense of community . . . people's (and animals) lives would be changed forever!

Equally disturbing is the fishing industry . . . dolphins, whales, tuna and scores of other kinds of fish. This industry is causing not only the suffering of these sensitive sea animals . . . it is also destroying our oceans and the delicate balance of the eco-system. Then there is the horrific act of capturing animals for zoos, aquariums, circuses and theme parks. This is no different than the horrendous way that millions of chickens, turkeys, pigs, cows, lambs, sea animals and other sentient beings are tortured and slaughtered each day! This realization made me want to leave the planet. I can’t even fathom how people can be so cruel and cold-hearted to kill and exploit these beautiful animals! I honestly wondered just how I would be able to remain here, stay grounded and finish my spiritual mission amongst so much brutality. I wrestled with this for a long time. My answer came after much prayer and meditation, when I got the very clear message to educate others as to the benefits of a vegan lifestyle . . . or, for those of you who misunderstand the meaning of the word 'vegan' . . . a plant-based diet, which is really not a 'diet' . . . it’s a way of life.

The only way I can keep going on this planet is by trying to bring counter-balance. It is estimated that vegans each save between 50 to 200 animals lives per year with their plant-based diets. They also help the environment, because livestock are the largest consumers of water, and the largest polluters of the ozone layer. You may want to read: “Diet for a New America” for more information, or watch the documentaries, "Forks Over Knives" and "Vegucated".

It is for these reasons that I post about a compassionate vegan lifestyle and it's why I wrote this article and continue to advocate for the animals and for the planet. Please know that it is NEVER about trying to make you feel guilty and I am truly NOT judging any of you. I am simply presenting facts, and the opinions of those whom I admire and respect, as well as my own passionate opinions and experiences. If you feel guilty upon reading my posts, please meditate upon why that is. If you feel I am judging you, please meditate upon why you feel that way. You’ll find that those feelings are because somewhere inside you, you agree with me, but you’re just not ready to make the change. Also, PLEASE understand that I must teach about living a compassionate, vegan lifestyle in order to keep MY sanity while residing on this violent planet.

What about those who say that their health (as well as their perceived pleasure) depends upon eating animal products? Well, I'm not sure where those justifications come from or who might be telling you that, so, to that I would say please read the book, "The China Study", by T. Colin Campbell (and perhaps "The Engine 2 Diet", by Rip Esselstyn, for a different perspective) and then make up your own mind. The China Study is an amazing compilation of scientific studies that show how cancer, tumors, and other deadly health conditions all come from eating animal products, and how those same conditions reversed themselves when a vegan diet was introduced. Visit: TheChinaStudy.com. The Engine 2 Diet is written by former tri-athlete and current Texas firefighter, Rip Esselstyn, (son of the world renown cardiovascular surgeon, Caldwell B. Esselstyn), who compiled the amazing plant-based 28-day Save-Your-Life Plan. Visit: Engine2Diet.com.

Please love and respect yourself and respect all life on this planet by choosing a plant-based, vegan lifestyle. 





(The accompanying photo is of a mother cow and her baby, which shows the deep love that animals feel for their families. Does she not deserve to be with her baby, just like we do? In the incredibly cruel dairy industry, her baby is taken away from her at birth and killed, or raised in a tight pen so it won’t develop muscle. That baby is called “veal,” which is a by-product of us spending money on milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream. To me, no amount of pleasure from eating dairy is worth giving this mother and her baby so much pain . . . and eventually a horrific death.)



No comments:

Post a Comment