There’s little worse than watching your furry friends in pain. After hikes, playdates in the snow or on hot pavement, and daily walks with the family, your dog or cat might need some TLC. Always check your pet's paws when they come in from the outdoors. Pets can pick up gravel or salt (for melting ice) or pesticides from the grass as well as ticks and other insects. Start with keeping pet-friendly paw wipes near the door so it's easy to wipe their paws when you return home. After they spend all day on their precious paws, this homemade ointment is sure to do the trick with a soothing paw pad massage.
Try this DIY paw balm to keep your pet’s paws happy all year round!
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax (or vegan-friendly candelilla wax)
- 1 teaspoon V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
- 1 drop Animal Scents® Mendwell™
- 1 drop Animal Scents® Infect Away™
- 1 drop Animal Scents® PuriClean™
What You Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and place over medium heat until everything is melted and mixed well.
- Pour into a small glass storage container and let cool for 2–3 hours or until fully solidified.
- Massage a small amount into your pet’s paws when in need of a little extra pampering.
*If your pet or animal has a known health issue, please consult your veterinarian before administering essential oils.