- About HP&P
- Life's Abundance Premium Products for Pets & Peeps
- Pet Professionals Program
- Healing Oils For Animals
- Eco-Friendly / Pet Safe Cleaners
- Gifted Pet Store
- Gifted Pet Creations
- Energy & Spiritual Healing
- Essential Oils How To . . . .
- Senior Pet Project
- Rescues / Shelters / Charitable Pet Organizations
- Life's Abundance Foundation Grants
- Contact Me!
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
DIY Pet Stain & Odor Remover ~ Accidents Happen!
Even good furbabies make mistakes! When your four-legged friend misses the piddle-pad or the litter box, it’s no fun for anyone. Don’t dismay! With this DIY pet stain remover, you and your furry family members will be cuddling odor-free in no time.
Pet Stain and Odor Remover Recipe
What You Need:
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
15 drops YL Lemon essential oil
5 drops YL Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil
5 drops YL Purification® essential oil blend
2 cups baking soda (optional, for tough or already-dried stains)
What You Do:
If your furkid very recently left a puddle on the living room carpet, use these instructions for removing fresh stains:
* Add the YL essential oils to the salt and mix well.
* In a spray bottle, combine the salt mixture, apple cider vinegar, and water. Mix thoroughly until salt has dissolved.
* Blot the “accident” to remove excess moisture.
* Shake the bottle, then spray the stained area generously until wet.
* Let sit for 10–15 minutes.
Using an old towel or rag, soak up the mixture by blotting until moisture is removed. Do not apply heat to aid in the drying process as it can cause unwanted odors and stains to set permanently.
When you find an older, smellier, set-in stain, use the instructions above to make the DIY pet odor eliminator and then:
* Spray the area generously until wet.
* Sprinkle baking soda over the stain and leave for 24 hours or until dry. The baking soda will absorb the stain during this time.
* Once dry, scoop up as much baking soda as possible and discard, then vacuum thoroughly to remove any remaining powder.
Having a pet in the family means unconditional love, which, of course, means occasionally taking the messy with the abundance of good. For more tips on caring for your fluffiest family members, check out our posts on our Holistic Pets & Peeps! blog.