As we get further into 2016, how are your resolutions holding up?! A lot of us make resolutions on New Year's Day in an effort to live better, however, as we get further into the new year, many of those resolutions tend to go by the wayside. If your resolutions include eating better, exercising, and adopting other healthy habits, here are a few tips to help in your quest for wellness:
1. Improve Your Intake
- H2O! ~ Simply increasing your water intake will help detoxify your body and motivate you to be more conscientious of what else you’re ingesting. Try adding tasty essential oils to your water make it more interesting. Lemon, Lime, and Tangerine are all favorites, but don’t forget Grapefruit, Lavender, and Peppermint! In fact, try making your own Grapefruit-Mint Spritzer to enjoy a great blend of flavors that may make sweets and sugary drinks a little less appealing.
- Super Snacks ~ Replace your favorite unhealthy treats with wholesome alternatives to help you stay on track. These Nuts About Wolfberries Energy Bars and Wolfberry Crisp Bars can be made ahead of time for a delicious and satisfying snack anytime you’re tempted.
- Supplements ~ If NingXia Red® and Wellness Supplements™ aren’t already part of your daily regimen, try adding them in the coming year to add an infusion of nutrients and essential oils to your day.
2. Sneak In Some Exercise
- Take the Scenic Route ~ We keep hearing it because it keeps working! Walk the long way to the bathroom, park further away in the parking lot, or take the “bumblebee” approach to your grocery list. A few more steps each day go a long way in the end.
- Flex ~ In line at the store, on the couch watching TV, during your shower, or any other time you are otherwise sedentary, flex your abs for 10 seconds at a time and repeat at least 10 times to tone and strengthen your core.
- Ditch Your Desk ~ Forget the phone or email and walk to your co-workers’ desks to talk, have walking meetings, pace while you are on the phone, stretch regularly at your desk, and take a short walk for your breaks. It’s easy to get your 30 minutes of exercise each day when you break it into 10-minute increments.
3. Review and Revise
- Meditate ~ Take time each day for quiet reflection and meditation on your goals, as well as your peace of mind. Just a few minutes to nurture your soul each day will help give you a greater sense of purpose and well-being.
- Track It ~ The simple act of observing something creates observable changes. So keep track of your food and water intake, your exercise, your meditation, and any other goals you have ~ you are bound to improve on them!
- ALL Results Motivate Change ~ Even if the scale goes up or you miss your workout, recognizing mistakes and their consequences will help keep you motivated to improve. Likewise, your positive results will help you keep up the great work.
Small changes can make a big difference in physical, mental, and emotional health. What are some changes you have already made for a better you in 2016?
Have Questions?! Contact Me HERE!
Get started on YOUR amazing essential oils journey here:
Post a Comment