- About HP&P
- Life's Abundance Premium Products for Pets & Peeps
- Pet Professionals Program
- Healing Oils For Animals
- Eco-Friendly / Pet Safe Cleaners
- Gifted Pet Store
- Gifted Pet Creations
- Energy & Spiritual Healing
- Essential Oils How To . . . .
- Senior Pet Project
- Rescues / Shelters / Charitable Pet Organizations
- Life's Abundance Foundation Grants
- Contact Me!
Saturday, July 5, 2014
Perfectly sweet, this crisp is the best possible way to savor the dog days of summer.
If there’s anything better than absolutely ripe, juicy peaches, we don’t even want to know about it. This crisp pairs the sweet gems with a warm, homey crust, which is a fairly unstoppable combination. Top with a scoop of Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream and be ready to slip into a glee-induced coma.
What You Need:
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup pear or apple juice concentrate
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
6 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup dates, roughly chopped
1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and slowly pour in 1/4 cup of oil. Set aside.
2. In an 11x7 baking dish, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vanilla, ginger, lemon juice, juice concentrate, sugar, cornstarch, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add peach slices, and toss to coat thoroughly. Stir in dates. Sprinkle in almonds, without stirring, and then top with oat mixture.
3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Let rest at least 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment